Sunday, February 11, 2007

Book #9 - Forever In Blue by Ann Brashares


ISBN: 0385729367
Format: Hardback, 328pp
Pub. Date: January 9, 2007
Genre: Teen Fiction
Dates Read: 02/24/07-03/01/07 (6 days)
Series: #4 in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Cheriepie loaned this copy of the book to me as she snagged it on BookMooch, but has yet to read the others in the series.

From the Publisher

With unraveled embroidery and fraying hems, the Traveling Pants are back for one last, glorious summer.

Lena: Immerses herself in her painting and an intoxicating summer fling, fearing that the moment she forgets about Kostos will be the moment she sees him again.

Carmen: Falls under the spell of a sophisticated college friend for whom a theatrical role means everything and the heritage of the Pants means nothing.

Bridget: Joins a dig for an ancient city on the coast of Turkey and discovers that her archaeology professor is available in every way except one.

Tibby: Leaves behind someone she loves, wrongly believing he will stay where she has left him.

Join Ann Brashares's beloved sisterhood once again in a dazzling, fearless novel about a summer that will forever change the lives of Lena, Carmen, Bee, and Tibby, here and now, past and future, together and apart.

My Opinion of the Book

I think this is the first Traveling Pants book that didn't make me cry, which is a wonder since I've been so depressed lately (hence this is only my 9th read of the year), but I did get goosebumps several times and I was quite a bit sad about the ending of the book because I'm not sure that there will be any more books put out in this series. :( Anyway, I loved it just as much as the other books and do hope that there are more to come or else Ms. Brashares goes off into another storyline that's just as good.

2 comments:

vbignacio said...

just to let you know that it is always a treat to read your blog. please keep it coming...

Free PSP Game Download

SandDanz said...

Thanks vbignacio!

Hopefully my reading speed will pick up here soon. My reading has been a bit slow this year. :(

I was trying to open your profile, but it wouldn't let me. Do I know you or did you just happen to stumble across my blog? :)